So it would appear there is a hacker using the chat to try and lure friends to a fake YouTube site and download a fake version of adobe that is a virus (http://188.8.131.52/Flash-Player.exe), so you can view a “funny video. This of course is a horrible method, mainly cause actually posted his IP as the direct link. What I think is funny is my friends got the virus that got them hacked meaning they had to of pressed the DL lol.
Below is the screen shot:
So I had gotten a couple messages today when I wasn’t paying attention on FB from friend that said the were still onine (but they never replied, just said “hi. how are you?” once and that was it. So I decided to set my audio for FB on and turn up laptop volume and continue my work online until I heard the sound *FB ding noise* and I was excited, sure enough another friend had been infect so I immediately jump to say hello back and lure out what was going on. The conversation is below (no screenshot cause I didn’t feel like editing a photo out for all names and what not so you just get a script lol).
My Friend: hi. how are you? Me: HI? SUP? My Friend: Wanna laugh? Me: Sure? How? My Friend: It is you on the video ?)) want to see?) Me: Where? Show me the video man! My Friend: http://184.108.40.206/510166631 Me: MWAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!! LMAO!!!!! wow, really? you suck at programing lol. BTW Linux, no virus sorry My Friend: There are no viruses there Me: HAHAHA, Dude, I'm running the latest dev model of chromium on linux mint 11. LMAO it's a fake youtube site (I can see the IP lmao!!!) Thanks though, will make it easier to submit it to your ISP and FB. Thanks for hacking my buddy with your trash virus
No I decided to look it up. The IP is from Riga, Latvia with ISP of SIA Lattelecom. So I sent a message to the ISP, Google, and FB lol, well that was easy lol.
So in case the culprit reads this (it’d be funny if he did lol).
- at least use an IP masker
- YouTube is running the new HTML5 version player on the newest chrome so looks different than the old
- I’m always logged into one of my email accounts (I wouldn’t be asked to sign in at the top of the page)
- Adobe has a picture they use for all update links these days
- My FB friends would never use their real names to comment on a YouTube video nor would that many different people all comment on a video of me
- The person uploading the video (I don’t know them, all my friends that upload videos online are on my subscribe list on YouTube)
- Every link should work if it’s there (especially for viewing more comments)
- There was no way to post a comment (YouTube always has the comment box lol)
- I’m sure there is more I could tell you that you did so obviously wrong, but I’m gonna stop now.